Friday, July 24, 2009

Your 10 000 promises


There’s been something on my mind this morning that I just couldn’t get myself to understand.
I was like sitting and waiting for the lesson to end since we finished everything early then I asked myself, WHY do people say things they don’t really mean?
I mean like why do they give half empty promises and only carry them out half of the time.
I’ve learned with specific people, not to trust what they say because I simply know it's all talk.
Well I think it's simply because they know it's what you wanna hear, when deep down inside they know they'll never fulfill it.
How do you even live like that and why?
Well, the reason why I’m asking is because I have been disappointed. I make sure that whatever promise I make with someone, I make an effort to follow through. I guess it comes from growing up and being let down by promises that always seemed to be broken. Surprisingly, I still believe what people promise to me.
Even though it's been months or years, it's like I still have hope that they mean what they say, even when I know they don’t. What can you do anyways?







This is probably why I'm skeptical when it comes to people who say things but don’t show it.



No comments: